The Submariner is Rolex’s most iconic watch and up until 1967 the 5513/2 were the only models available and didn’t have a date. Then and much to the annoyance of many Submariner devotees they brought the 1680 in and it had a date. Overtime it was of course very successful and highly collectible.
This example was sold in 1977 and is beautifully original. The solid steel case is in very good condition but does have signs of regular and careful wear and a small amount of corrosion (we haven’t polished it but it will have been at some point). The original and stunning matt dial is again in excellent condition and the lume has aged to a lovely ivory/white. The very high grade Rolex signed automatic movement is again in excellent condition and will be serviced by our professional watchmaker in between sale and delivery. The bracelet’s in very good condition and the references are 580/93150 end pieces and the deployment reference is 93150 with the age reference of B dating it to 1977. Very rarely we have the following provenance:
- The original Rolex punched papers
- The original Rolex Anchor and the red Frog Foot chronometer chip
- The original Rolex Submariner brochure dated 1977
- The original Your Rolex Oyster brochure dated 1977
- The original Rolex pouch with the correct serial number and 1977 calendar
- A period Rolex brochure – this didn’t come with the watch but is correct for the age.
Watches of this standard and provenance have shown remarkable gains over the years. Whilst we cannot guarantee future values if history is a judge it will be lovely watch to wear and a great investment. We will give a 12 month guarantee on the movement.